What's Hot Right Now

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Never Ending Snooze

Of course I have awoken. I may not have blogged, but I never stopped reading. Therefore I too have so many plots and authors in my head that I can't determine where to begin.
Heart Shaped Box, by Joe Hill, is the one book that I was desperately waiting on after Christmas. Finally I was able to read it and was not disappointed. To say that it was worth waiting for, might give you a clue of what I thought of it. However let me expand upon this with a heart-felt thank you to the person that loaned me the book. Joe Hill as you know is one of my favorites and I thoroughly enjoyed my all to brief stay with his characters in this book. There were ghosts, tragedy, blood, death and finally redemption. It was a wild, suspense filled ride, and at times I was afraid to be a part of it. I must admit though, I got right back in as soon as I had a moment to do so. I soo look forward to being a part of the next wonderful, awful journey.
The books I am currently enjoying are definitely not in the same category as Heart Shaped Box, but are something I would recommend to anyone who needs a laugh and likes a good happy ending. The first is actually a series by Julia Quinn. The Duke And I, is just one story in eight about the Brigerton family. I loved this book and the other two I've read in the series. In the Duke And I the main characters are very funny and extremely likable. Julia Quinn has a wonderful way of making you feel as if you truly know her characters. I suggest everyone give this series a try.
As you probably know Eloisa James is another lady author that I adore. I truly feel as if her friends( characters) are my friends. Her Duchess series is simply marvelous. I have read each one so far and can't wait for the next installation. Some of the characters remain the same throughout these books and I must say they're some of my very favorites. You have to give these books a try if your married or in happy expectation of that event. She gives us wonderful insight to the trials and tribulations of marriage.
I'd like to take a minute to tell you about another book I was fortunate enough to be lent. Burned, by Ellen Hopkins is layed out completely in poem form. This is the first of her books I have read, but won't be the last by any means. After my confused brain adapted to the layout I was sucked into this story in a way that I had not expected. Be prepared for a turbulent and frustrating experience when you take this one home. Also be prepared to be very glad you read this story about lost innocence and the kind of love that not everyone has a chance at.
Well that's it for now. I shall attempt to be more dedicated to sharing my other reads with you.

Pools, books and umbrella drinks! Hildi

No comments:

Slideshow