What's Hot Right Now

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Heart sore!

Gert,
I will skip apologies for tardiness. I have, as you know, been reading Duma Key. It was brought to life by The Master. Stephen King. Ouuu, you nasty man!
Let me say first that I didn't expect to cry while reading one of his works. I expected to be scared stiff, and in that he delivered. And then some! The crying came as total surprise and left me feeling hollow. These people, in Duma Key, were my friends. Crazy? If you say yes then you should put down whatever book your reading and grab the remote. Don't get me wrong, not all authors can sweep you away so thoroughly. But if your a reader, it's impossible not to have lived one of the books you've read before. Mr.Stephen King is an author that won't let you sit on your chair or couch quietly reading his story. He summons you in and you go willingly. After that there is no escape. Not that you'd ask for it anyway. I will be haunted by Duma Key for some time to come. I will hear the shells speaking under Big Pink. My children will never have red-headed baby dolls. And I won't buy any art from the gulf area.
Thank you sir, for some more nightmares, as that is why we read your thoughts! Obviously I recommend reading this one. Just be prepared to lose a day or two, depending on how quickly you read. And don't read it right before bed! Trust me, you'll lose a lot of sleep that way.
Next I intend to read some happy and romantic stories. I have to.

Please don't let the table be leaking! Hildi

No comments:

Slideshow