What's Hot Right Now

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Still loving the master...

I have honestly never read a John Grisham book. But I don't really enjoy the movies from the books so I doubt that I would enjoy the books. I'm not a real law/political crimes book kind of girl. But I'll take your word that it was good!

I finished Stephen King's Just After Sunset finally. It was fantastic, as usual. Even after reading the whole book...the story "Harvey's Dream" was still my absolute fav. The foreshadowing and build up to the climax was amazing. So good in fact, that I read it out loud to Jethro and Lulu. Neither has ever read Stephen King, but they too were in awe. And agreed that it was an awesome example of the art of the short story! I highly recommend this book, not just to fans of his but to anyone who enjoys a good story.

When we gathered for "story time" I asked them what their favorite short stories currently were. Jethro said "To Build a Fire" by another master...Jack London. And Lulu said "The Tell-Tale Heart" by Edgar Allen Poe. My gosh...are they brilliant or what?! Haha. At least they have excellent literary tastes! As both of those authors are considered amazing! Both classic storys that are prime examples of foreshadowing! The very element of writing demonstrated by "Harvey's Dream". Boy, did they have an fantastic literature teacher or what?! Oh yeah...it was me! You've got to love homeschooling!

Well, I don't know what I'm going to read next. I have several books calling my name, but very little time to read since christmas is right around the corner. In fact, I'm getting ready to go wrap some gifts now! I can't wait for christmas as I talked to mom and I happen to know we are both getting some really great books!!! Yes, I do have a one tract mind.

I'd rather be reading,
gert♥

No comments:

Slideshow