What's Hot Right Now

Monday, December 15, 2008

Trying new things!

Every once in a while I read something that is out of the romance or historical romance category. Like 20th Century Ghosts. I read a couple of romance novels after that, that I had not read for a while. While I was looking for another of these, I ran across a book our cousin had given me for a birthday years ago. Dom.. dom.. da... daa! The Testament, by John Grisham. I have never read any other of his novels. I have been missing out. I know that there are movies that have been made from some of his books, but I really never payed much attention since I hadn't read them. That will change soon. The Testament is about a lawyer, a millionaire and a missionary. There are complex relationships, almost fatal diseases and money! I really can't tell you more or I would give away something. However, I will say that one or two of the characters renewed my faith in humanity and the power of believing. Mr. Grisham is very, very good at portraying real people and their faults as well as the crazy turns life sometimes takes. I suggest giving this book a try, you will be hooked like I was.

Next on my list is a favorite by Heather Graham. The Presence. I have read it before, but I'm looking forward to a fresh look at it. I'll tell ya all about it next time.



Love and new books for Christmas! Hildi

No comments:

Slideshow