What's Hot Right Now

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Sooo not jealous...

Okay. Maybe just a little. And you have never been good at sharing...remember how we used to have to share a drink at the movies when we were little? I'd get like one drink of the whole thing and you'd start crying and tell mom I drank it all!!!

On to books...I knew you'd love that Tess Gerritsen! She is an amazing writer. Seriously, I'm not even a huge mystery fan but I've read almost all of her books and liked them all. I especially liked The Bone Garden because of the historical aspect. And her characters were vivid. As you said Julia Quinn is an author I always enjoy also!

I finished both of the first two books in the Nora Roberts Sign of Seven Trilogy. Blood Brothers was the first installment and it was great! Loved all the characters she introduced and the two main ones for this book were easy to fall for. Beyond the love story though is a very scary tale. For sure leave the lights on when reading this one. The second book, The Hollow focuses more on two other characters and their story is no less enthralling! Nor is it less scary. As our band of six on the side of good get stronger so does the evil threat. I absolutely cannot wait for next tuesday when the final book The Pagan Stone is released!

I started The House at Midnight by Lucie Whitehouse. I'm having a little trouble getting hooked on it. It's a good concept but the characters haven't caught my interest just yet. In fairness to the author though...things have been crazy at my house and I haven't really had a chance to dive in headfirst. So I'll reserve further judgement for now.

I did browse amazon.com the other day and my gosh! So many books, so little time!!! There are about fifty new ones to add to my reading list. Stephen King put out a new book of short stories and his son Joe Hill just came out with his second novel. Those are my guys. Seriously, lunch with the two of them is like one of my biggest fantasies. I just want to pick their brains!

picturing me with the masters of horror,
gert♥

No comments:

Slideshow