What's Hot Right Now

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Woo hoo! I'm first!

Haha...totally taking advantage of the fact that Hildi is buried in the world of Stephanie Meyer's to go first! Besides...I'm older, therefore first is not only my desire...it's my god given right by order of birth. [take that Hildi!]



So...what I'm reading now:



Blood Brothers by Nora Roberts. 1st book in the Sign of Seven Trilogy.



I just started it last night. I'm only on chapter six but it's fantastic so far. Scared me so bad I did not want to get up in the dark and go to the bathroom. I did of course, because Larry neither enjoys me turning on multiple lights in the wee hours of the night or waking up wet. Haha. Anyways, as always with Nora Roberts, this is a vastly engrossing read.





What I just finished:



Far From Home by Charlotte Hardy.



A young adult novel Lulu picked up at the library about a young irish girl who leaves her little village in Ireland to follow the youngest son of an english earl to London. It spans twelve years, has pretty accurate historical detail and definately kept me interested! Twelve years to realize who the really great guy in her life was. Lord I hope it doesnt take Lulu that long! Definately one I'd recommend for anyone who likes historical fiction.





What I'm recommending right now:



The Borgia Bride by Jeanne Kalogridis



An historical novel set in 15th century Italy which follows Sancha, a membor of the royal family of Naples. It chronicles her marriage to Joffre Borgia, the son of Pope Alexander VI and the subsequent events. And c'mon Lucrezia Borgia is a key player. Who hasn't heard disturbing historical gossip about her?! Sure it's fiction but with great historical detail and talk about compelling! Lulu read it first and kept saying "you have to read this!". Also she kept saying "omg. you are not gonna believe how gross some of this is!". So of course I had to read it. And truly there is some perversion present but it added to the storyline. With all the talk we had going about it, Jethro decided he had to check it out. He's now 400 pages deep into its 506 pages! As Jethro is not my most motivated reader...I'd say this highly recommends the book!



love & good books,

gert♥

No comments:

Slideshow